Test price starting at $399 CDN — Call to Order: 506.452.1212 or 1.800.563.0844 (toll free within North America)
DNA testing is often used to verify a biological relationship between individuals, and can be used to support an application to immigrate to Canada. RPC is accredited by the Standards Council of Canada (SCC), and is recognized by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) to perform DNA testing for immigration purposes.
Immigration DNA Testing Procedure
1. Contact RPC Genetics to discuss the specifics of your case. We will guide you through the entire process, and will be able to give you an estimate of the total cost.
- By email: email@example.com
- By phone: 506.452.1212 or 1.800.563.0844 (toll free within North America)
2. Remit your payment. We can take your credit card information over the phone. To process payment, we will need:
- Credit card (VISA and Mastercard are accepted)
- Your name as it appears on the credit card
- Card Number
- Expiration Date
- Security number on the back of the card
The cost covers the notification of the appropriate collection site(s) and CIC office or Embassy, a chain of custody which will track your samples from collection to final report, DNA testing, an electronic copy of the report which is sent to the sponsor, as well as the appropriate CIC office, and the sample collection fee in Canada. Please note: International shipping for samples overseas and in the US is not included. Please contact us for a shipping estimate.
3. Submit a copy of your CIC letter to our laboratory. Please scan and send a copy of the CIC letter, or forward the e-mail you have received requesting DNA testing to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will also require the following information:
- The full legal name of the sponsor and each applicant
- The date of birth of the sponsor and each applicant
- The contact phone number of the sponsor and each applicant
- The mailing address for the sponsor and each applicant
The location of the sponsor and each applicant (Canada, overseas or both)
We will notify the appropriate CIC office or Embassy to advise that testing is in process, and will arrange sample collection for all of your family members at their respective locations.
The involved CIC office or collection site will contact the applicants to schedule appointments for sample collection. DNA samples will be collected from each applicant, and will be shipped to our facility for testing. Items required at a collection appointment for individuals residing within Canada:
- 1 piece of valid government-issued photo ID
- 1 passport sized photo
- Contact information for your family
For individuals residing outside Canada, you will need to follow the instructions provided by the Canadian Embassy in your country. Canadian Embassies or foreign collection sites may charge a fee for conducting a sample collection.
4. DNA testing will begin immediately once all the samples and paperwork have been received, and will be completed within 5 business days. Once testing is completed, one official copy of the results will be sent directly to you (the client), and a second official copy is sent directly from our laboratory to CIC Canada as proof of relationship for your case.
Tests available for immigration purposes:
We offer parentage and relationship (siblings, grandparent/child, aunt, uncle / niece, nephew) testing for immigration purposes. For more detailed infomation please contact us.